Friday, December 2, 2016

Fedora rawhide kernel panic Virtualbox

I'm now running on a very slow PC being disassembled Asus 1215N with O/Ced Atom CPU to 2.35Ghz. As far as I managed to upgrade windows 7 to x64 version I can not make magically VT-x appear on this CPU, that was the reason why I ran into problems when tried to boot Fedora rawhide i686 in Virtualbox. Basically the problem occurs with kernels versioned 4.7+, it seems to boot fine with 4.6 one. On Virtualbox forums there was some discussion that it may be related to virtual box display driver from virtualbox extension pack being installed (and of course VT-x being unavailable making I/O APIC option not performing correctly without it - or so I believe after I did my tests). So far I have it running with kernel 4.6 and dnf-ing around the OS, that takes ages due to slowness caused by no VT-x being available. If I find a way on how to run kernel 4.9 with my configuration, I will share this information.

And here is some interesting stuff with DNF, it can even erase "None", lol:


No comments: